WIP 1: Imperial small craft



Here are two in-process pictures of an Imperial small craft.  I think that it was originally a 4" G.I. Joe vehicle, found at a yard sale. 

It was glossy black, with a transparent red cockpit windscreen.  I painted the inside of the windscreen silver.  I added landing feet, an underside-mounted main gun, and a thruster plate at the stern -- none of those changes are visible here.  I primed with flat gray primer from the hardware store, resulting in the bottom picture.  Then I masked with masking tape, and painted it with flat black spray paint from the hardware store.  I removed the tape and re-installed the windscreen for the top picture.

It needs a subdued Imperial sunburst and identification numbers.  I'm going to do a little washing and dry-brushing to bring out detail, but probably not a lot of weathering.  More pictures will follow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asteroids from Dollar Tree

gCarrier in Splinter Pattern

More science fiction operators